1. What cultural connotations are obvious in your chosen text?
2. Are those connotations problematic (ie, is the story exploiting racism, sexism etc)? Remember, you really don’t want to praise a text that paints an unfair portrait of any group. Just ask all the people who were fans of “The White Man’s Burden”
3. Could you quote the text in an essay without feeling guilty?
4. List 10 issues you could probably write about within the text.
5. Who is text’s audience? How do you know? What proof can you provide? (DO NOT say everyone. That’s rarely if ever true.)
6. Why is the text significant enough to warrant examination?
7. Remember, you can’t write about an entire novel, movie, or tv series in the short amount of pages you are working with, so what particular episodes, chapters etc warrant focus and why?
8. What is the effect of the text you are looking at? Does it change anything?
9. What are the influences on your chosen text? Who or what has an influence on the construction, characters, or text itself?
10. Why do you personally like the text?
Perform a literature search on the grieving process, using readings from this module, the Library, or other websites and materials at your disposal. Focus on the work of Kübler-Ross’ grieving process and the stages of grief.
Review the story of Job in the Bible, focusing on his suffering and grief. Examine how this story correlates to the grieving process defined by Kübler-Ross.
In a paper of 750-1,000 words, include the following:
1. Compare and contrast the grieving process as defined by Kübler-Ross and the story of Job with that of at least one other religion.
2. Compare the relationship and interaction between joy and the above grieving models and examples.
3. Relate your research to your own preferred method of handling grief. State whether your research has changed your view of grief.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Explicate a poem:
1. Analyze the prosody including:
•Rhythm & Meter
3. Summarize the interpretation
4. Overall evaluation
Phase 2 – Task 2
Task Type: Individual Project
Deliverable Length: 800–1,000 words
Points Possible: 100
Due Date: 7/21/2013 11:59:59 PM
Research a top multinational company in the world including its international strategy over the last 10 years. Using your research, write a report explaining its strategy, including a discussion of the following questions:
•What sort of international orientation does it have?
•Do you think it is ethno-, poly-, or geocentric?
•What were the decision factors for the locations it chose to expand in?
•Did it have the core capabilities to succeed in those markets? ◦Think about its objectives, how it chose its countries, what opportunities and constraints were apparent at the time, and what it needed to do to succeed in those markets.
•Define what a value chain dispersal and integration strategy is, and then describe how the strategy is organized around it.